Beef Kaldereta, also known as Bakareta is a delicious Filipino style beef stew. Beef Kaldereta is a popular Filipino dish that is often served in special occasions like birthdays, weddings or holidays. A classic Filipino dish which every Filipino household has its own version.
Create this delicious and easy to follow recipe. The steps below should guide you on how to make a simple Beef Kaldereta taste and fit for a party. Watch the video below to visually guide you every step of the way.
This beef kaldereta recipe is made up of chunks of beef stewed in tomato sauce and pork liver. Feel free to add chili peppers if you prefer spicy kaldereta and also coconut milk. This recipe uses beef chuck, pork liver, potato, carrot, bell pepper, and simmered in tomato sauce and beef broth.
If you are looking for a faster way to cook this Beef Kaldereta, use a pressure cooker or Instant Pot if you have one to soften the beef. It sure does saves you lots of time. I run out of liver spread (liver pate) so I used fresh pork liver. Don't like liver? Skip it, no big deal! It will taste as good as without.
Make this delicious and flavorful Beef Kaldereta today. Try this simple recipe and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. Beef Kaldereta or Bakareta is also a great potluck dish idea and taste as good the next day.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 lbs beef chuck or any beef cut with at least 20% fat
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium potato, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pork liver or liver spread (pate)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth (from boiling the beef)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- Using a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot, add water and beef. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until beef is tender. Remove beef from broth and save a cup for later use.
- In a deep pan, heat and add canola oil. Cook potatoes for few minutes. Add carrots and cook for few more minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, Saute garlic and onion until limp. Add chopped liver and cook for few minutes. Add boiled beef and stir. Cook for few minutes. Season with soy sauce, ground pepper, and stir. Add bay leaves and return fried potatoes and carrots to the pan. Stir and add sugar and salt to taste.
- Pour-in tomato sauce and beef broth. Stir well to combine all ingredients. Add bell peppers and cover pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce starts to thickens. Add more broth or water if needed.
- Taste to see if more salt or fish sauce is needed. Add snow peas to the pan and stir gently. Allow to cook for few minutes. Turn off the heat and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry|
|Beef with Mushroom Gravy|