Steamed Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce - Dim Sum
Steamed Spareribs is one of my favorite dim sum dishes. It is definitely one of the best and crowds favorite in a Chinese dim sum restaurant. Surprisingly a simple and easy dish to make at home using ingredients that you might already have in your refrigerator.
If you have tried Steamed Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce in a Chinese dim-sum restaurant, now is the time to make this dish at home. This spareribs dish has a rich and savory sauce that is perfect when served with steamed rice.
Learn how to make this simple and easy Steamed Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce by watching the easy to follow cooking video. Surprising that you can make this dim sum dish in less than an hour.
There are many version on how to cook steamed spareribs with black bean sauce and I must say, this recipe is the simpler and fits the Filipino taste-buds.
The spareribs are marinated with delicious ingredients like ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce for at least an hour and steamed until meat is fully cooked and tender. Add chili peppers if you prefer it spicy.
This simple Steamed Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce is a must try recipe. Prepare this pork spareribs in a pressure cooker for fork-tender deliciousness! But, if you have time and a steamer, I would say steam it. I find steamed food better tasting and have dinner on the table in less than an hour.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Search Casa Baluarte for more easy and delicious recipes.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
- 1 1/2 lb pork spareribs tips, trimmed and cut into 1-inch
- 1/3 tsp white ground pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine or Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp black bean garlic sauce or black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp shredded or minced ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- chopped green onions
- chili peppers and sesame seeds (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS (see easy to follow cooking video)
- In a wide bowl, combine white pepper, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce, black bean sauce, ginger, garlic and mix well. Add spareribs and toss together until well combined. Cover bowl and refrigerate to marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix well and pour cornstarch-water to the ribs. Toss together making sure all the rib pieces is well coated.
- Boil some water and set up steamer. Transfer marinated spareribs in a heat proof plate and steam for 30 minutes or until meat is fully cooked and fork-tender. (It's okey to steam longer if you want it more flavorful and more tender. Just remember to add more water if needed)
- Garnish with chili peppers, sesame seeds (optional) and chopped green onions. Serve with hot steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Easy Beef and Broccoli|