Ube Halaya or Halayang Ube is a delicious Filipino dessert made from purple yam, butter and milk. Ube Halaya is also known as Ube Jam. A classic Filipino dessert recipe that calls for 5 ingredients; grated ube, condensed milk, evaporated milk, butter and ube food coloring (optional). Other recipes calls for coconut milk but I prefer it without so I can really enjoy the ube flavor.
I like to eat it as it is or a topping to my halo-halo. I like to also use it as a spread with my hot pandesal! Traditionally, Ube Halaya is topped with fried coconut curds also known as latik but with this simple recipe I used grated cheese. An eye-catching dessert and so delicious!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS UBE HALAYA THAT IS NOT TOO SWEET, JUST PERFECT!
The trick to a delicious Ube Halaya is cooking it low and slow while continuously stirring until mixture turns thick and doughy! Try this very famous and easy Ube Halaya recipe at home! Use latik or whatever topping you like. Make this and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use.
See related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
- 4 tbsp butter + 1 tbsp for coating the molder
- 1 lb grate ube (previously frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 drops of ube coloring (optional)
- grated cheese or latik for topping
- Melt butter in a wide non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add grated ube, evaporated milk and condensed milk. Stir constantly until well combined.
- Add ube coloring to enhance the color but you can also skip it. Stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and keep on stirring for about 25 to 30 minutes until mixture turns thick and doughy. (watch the video above to guide you every step of the way)
- Grease 2 llanera (leche flan) molder generously with butter. Transfer the mixture into the llanera and let it cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Top with grated cheese and serve with your favorite beverage. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Minatamis na Saging Saba|
|Mini Sapin Sapin|
|Ginataang Saging at Sago|