Lechon Sisig is a traditional Filipino pork dish made from left over roast pork or lechon. Lechon Sisig is usually served as an appetizer (pulutan) or a main dish with rice. So delicious when served over a hot plate and topped with fried egg cooked over easy.
The traditional Sisig is usually made from parts of pigs head and liver. We do have family members who does not eat liver so every time we crave from Sisig, the first thing that comes to mind is Lechon Sisig. It's like getting two treat in one.
Lechon Sisig is one of my most favorite Filipino pork dish. It's not only easy to make using left over lechon or lechon kawali but also very tasty and appetizing. Lechon Sisig always comes to mind when I cook roast pork or lechon in the oven. Imagine, enjoy the roasted pork today then Lechon Sisig the following day.
Give this easy Lechon Sisig recipe a try. Make it and share with family and friends. You can also use this Sisig recipe using left over lechon kawali. Make sure to save this recipe or Pin It for future use. A quick and easy recipe using left over roasted pork, roasted chicken and even fish.
The simple steps below should guide you on how to make a delicious Lechon Sisig. Watch the short video below to visually guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow home-cooking recipes.
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- eggs for topping
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- chopped green and red bell peppers (2 tablespoon each)
- 1 1/2 lb left over (roast pork) lechon or lechon kawali, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 red hot chili peppers, chopped (add more if needed)
- calamansi or lemon wedges for garnishing
- In a wide skillet, heat over low heat and add cooking oil. Fry egg according to your liking. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add butter and melt. Adjust heat to medium-high and saute onions and bell peppers for about 30 seconds. Add lechon or roasted pork to the skillet and allow to cook for few minutes. Season with soy sauce and stir to combine. Add ground pepper and salt. Stir well to combine. Add more soy sauce or salt if needed.
- Add chili peppers to the skillet and cook for additional few minutes or longer if you want if crispy (adjust heat to high). Turn off the heat and transfer sisig in a hot plate or a serving plate. Top with fried egg and serve with lemon wedges or calamansi. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment