Embutido is usually made with ground pork or ground chicken, mixed breadcrumbs, eggs, bell peppers, raisins, carrots, cheese, seasoned with salt, pepper and ketchup with hard boiled egg and hot dog or sausage filling.
Pork Embutido is pretty simple to make. You can either steam it or baked then fry until light brown or serve it as is. Best when served with banana ketchup for dipping and also sweet and sour sauce.
Watch the video below to visually learn how to make this delicious Pork Embutido.
The instructions below are pretty easy to follow so why not make it today and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for the upcoming holidays.
Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes and videos.
Don't forget to check the related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb ground pork or chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup relish, drained
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup banana ketchup
- hot dogs or vienna sausage
- hard boiled eggs, sliced
- In a wide bowl, combine ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, raisins, bell pepper, carrots, relish, cheese and banana ketchup. Mix well until evenly distributed. Divide mixture into 2 portions. Taste to see if more salt or pepper is needed and add accordingly.
- In a wide piece of aluminum foil, (watch the video above) place half of the meat mixture. Spread and flatten the mixture. Top with hot dog or sausage and slices of hard boiled eggs. Roll the foil to form a tightly packed log and secure both ends. Repeat the process with the remaining meat mixture.
- Bring enough water into a boil. Once water starts to boil, place the embutido into the steamer and cover. Steam for about an hour or until fully cooked. Once cooked, allow the embutido to cool before slicing and serving. You can also brown the embutido in a little oil before serving. Serve hot or chilled with steamed rice and banana ketchup or sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Shrimp and Pork Lumpia|