Pork Menudo Recipe
Pork Menudo is a popular Filipino pork dish that is usually served during parties or most gatherings. A simple Filipino dish that suit any occasion. Create this delicious and easy to follow Pork Menudo recipe and share with family and friends.
Menudo is a tomato based Filipino stew with pork, liver and hotdog. A Filipino comfort food cooked with raisins and liver spread simmered until sauce thickened. You can also use chicken instead of pork with this simple recipe and add pork or chicken liver.
Learn how to make this simple and easy Pork Menudo by watching the cooking video below. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb pork shoulder (or belly), cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 Filipino hotdog, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 3 tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp liver spread
- 2 cups (or more if needed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar (or more if needed)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 red and green bell pepper, sliced
- In a bowl, marinate pork in soy sauce and calamansi juice for at least 10 minutes. Heat pan over medium-low heat and add cooking oil. Fry hotdog until slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion and garlic until aromatic. Add tomatoes and cook until softened. Add marinated pork and cook until brown for about 10 minutes. Add liver spread and stir to combine. Allow to cook for few minutes.
- Pour-in water and bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 25 minutes or until meat is tender. Add more water as needed. Add bay leaves and tomato sauce. Stir and allow to simmer for few minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Season with salt to taste, ground pepper and sugar to taste. Add raisins, fried hotdog and bell peppers. Simmer for few more minutes or until vegetables are cooked and sauce thickened. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)