How to make Adobong Pula, also known as Adobo in Atsuete. Adobong Pula or Red Adobo is a traditional Filipino adobo cooked in atsuete or achuete. Made with chicken, vinegar, fish sauce, garlic and atsuete powder.
There are many versions on how to make the Filipino adobo and this one is my favorite. Chicken is simmered until chicken is tender and sauce thickened. Easy to make using simple ingredients.
Watch the cooking video below and learn how to make this delicious Adobong Pula. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below and click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tsp achuete or atsuete powder
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 3 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- salt as needed
- Using a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Saute garlic until light brown. Add chicken pieces and cook until light brown for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add achuete powder and stir well to combine. Add peppercorn and bay leaves. Season with fish sauce and cook for a minute. Pour-in water and vinegar. Bring to a quick boil and stir. Add sugar and stir to dissolve sugar. Cover pan and cook for about 20 minutes on until chicken is tender.
- Season with salt as needed and continue to cook until sauce thickens or reduced. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Adobong Manok sa Gata|
|Pork Belly Adobo|
|Spicy Chicken Adobo|
Post a Comment