Learn how to make this irresistibly Pork Adobo dish by following the instructions below. Watch the video below to guide you every step of the way.
This pork adobo recipe is packed with flavor and so easy to make using basic ingredients. So delicious specially when served over steamed or even garlic rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The longer the left over adobo stays in the fridge, the taste gets better. I also like using left over pork adobo as pandesal sandwich spread. Give it a try!
There are so many versions on how to cook pork adobo. Some likes to marinate the meat first before cooking and others like to cook it with coconut milk. I would say, this simple recipe I have is one of the most simpler one where pork belly is fried until light brown then lots of garlic is added plus the achuete powder which makes this dish looks more appetizing!
Give this adobo recipe a try. Make it and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. This hearty recipe can be made using chicken or pork and chicken combined. Save the left over and make adobo fried rice for breakfast! One can never have enough Pork Adobo!
Don't forget to check related Adobo recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Also, check, like, follow and subscribe to Casa Baluartes Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest accounts for frequent recipes updates and easy to follow cooking videos. Feel free to leave comments or suggestions. You can also email me @ email@example.com.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb pork belly, cut into serving pieces
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp achuete (annato) powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp whole peppercorn
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (or more if needed)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Over medium heat, heat pan and add cooking oil. Add pork and cook until light brown. Add garlic and cook until aromatic for about a minute. Add achuete powder and stir to combine. Add peppercorn and bay leaves. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, water and brown sugar in a bowl. Pour-in sauce into the pan. Simmer for few minutes before stirring. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is fork-tender. Add more water if needed. Continue to simmer until sauce starts to thickens.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with lots of steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Spicy Chicken Adobo|
|Adobo sa Gata|
|Adobo Fried Rice|