Chicken Liver Afritada
This Chicken Liver Afritada is delicious recipe for liver lover. This Chicken Liver Afritada is very similar to Chicken or Pork Afritada but instead, chicken liver is used, stewed with potatoes, carrots and bell peppers.
I love chicken liver. Grilled or fried but I want it with sauce so I end up cooking it Afritada style. Chicken Liver Afritada is very easy to make and good for people with low blood. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below on how to cook Chicken Liver Afritada.
The instructions below should guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 small can guisantes (green peas)
- In a wide pan, heat oil over medium heat and cook carrots and potatoes for about 3 minutes. Push to the sides. Saute onion and garlic for a minute or until aromatic. Add chicken liver and season with ground pepper. Stir gently and cook for few minutes or until seared.
- Pour-in water and tomato sauce. Stir gently and simmer for few minutes. Add soy sauce and brown sugar. Cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until liver is cooked.
- Add bell peppers and guisantes. Season with salt as needed. Continue to cook until vegetables are cooked. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)