Chicken Afritada is a famous Filipino stew where chicken is simmered in tomato sauce with potato, carrots and bell peppers. Chicken Afritada is so easy to prepare and so simple.
Check out easy to follow recipe below. Give it a try and share with family and friends. Don't forget to check related recipes below.
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 medium tomato, cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced or chopped
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving slices
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (optional)
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas (garbanzos)
- Heat deep pan and add cooking oil. Cook potatoes for few minutes or until light brown. Remove and set aside. Cook carrots for few minutes. Remove and set aside.
- On the same pan, saute onion until limp and add garlic. Allow to cook for a minute or until aromatic. Add chicken slices and cook until chicken turns light brown for about 3-5 minutes. Season with ground pepper and pour-in water. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour-in pineapple juice, tomato sauce and add salt to taste. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked and sauce starts to thickens around 10 minutes. Optional: add sugar to taste.
- Add fried potatoes and carrots. Allow to carrots and potatoes to cook for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Add bell peppers and green peas. Cook for few minutes. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Post a Comment