Chicken Sotanghon with Quail Eggs
Chicken Sotanghon with Quail Eggs is a Filipino noodle soup. It is made with transparent noodles, also called bean thread or cellophane noodles. Chicken Sotanghon is usually made with shredded chicken but with this recipe I used ground chicken.
Chicken Sotanghon with Quail Eggs is a delicious noodle soup that is easy to make using basic simple ingredients. Give this Chicken Sotanghon with Quail Eggs recipe a try. Watch the cooking video below to learn how to make Chicken Sotanghon. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way.
Check related recipes below. Click the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 9 cups chicken broth or water
- quail eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- salt to taste
- 2-3 ounces sotanghon noodles, soaked for 15 minutes and drained
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a pot, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic for about a minute or until aromatic. Add ground chicken and cook until light brown for about 5 minutes.
- Season with ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir and cook for a minute. Add celery, bell peppers and carrots. Cook for a minute. Add knorr chicken cube and chicken broth (or water). Stir and simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Add more broth if needed.
- Add quail eggs and salt to taste. Slowly add sotanghon noodles. Allow to cook for 3 minutes. Add cabbage and cook for few minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions and remove pot from heat. Serve with hot and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)