Make this pineapple chicken recipe and share with family and friends. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way. Check related chicken recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving sizes
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt to taste
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Add bell peppers and cook for about a minute. Remove bell peppers from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion, garlic and ginger until soft and aromatic. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Season with ground pepper.
- Prepare the sauce: Combine 1/2 cup water, pineapple juice, soy sauce and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolved.
- Add water-pineapple mixture to the pan and bring into a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is tender for about 15 to 25 minutes until sauce reduce to half.
- Put in bell peppers and pineapple chunks. Gently stir and cook for a minute. Season with salt as needed. Pour in cornstarch slurry. Stir gently and cook until sauce thickened. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Spicy Chicken Adobo|
|Sweet and Sour Chicken|