Here is my version on how to make Bulanglang with Fried Bangus. A healthy, delicious and nutritious Filipino dish packed with boiled vegetables and fried milk fish. There are different versions of Bulanglang composed of a variety of vegetables but one thing for sure, they are all delicious specially if you like vegetables like me.
Bulanglang is a vegetable stew similar to Pinakbet but more watery and to Ilonggo Laswa. You can add more vegetables you want like beans, kangkong and more. It is a perfect dish for vegetable lover so create this delicious and easy to follow Bulanglang with Fried Bangus recipe and share with family and friends. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below, the instructions below should guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- cooking oil
- 1 large bangus - cut into serving slices
- 4-5 cups of rice washing
- 1 medium onion - sliced
- 2 thumb size ginger - sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped
- 3 medium tomato - sliced
- 2 cups kalabasa - cubed
- 1 large bitter melon - sliced
- 1 large eggplant - sliced
- 12 pieces okra - cut into half
- 1 cup sigarillas - sliced
- 1 1/2 cup malunggay leaves
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat enough cooking oil and fry bangus until golden brown. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In a clean pot and pan, pour-in rice wash, onion, ginger and garlic. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and kalabasa. Allow to cook for few minutes. Add ampalaya, eggplant and okra. Cook for few minutes.
- Add sigarillas and cook for few minutes. Add malunggay leaves and season with salt and ground pepper. Stir gently and add fried fish. Allow to simmer for few minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
(click on link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Ampalaya at Hipon|