Pork Adobo with Pineapple
Here is how to cook Pork Adobo with Pineapple. So delicious and easy to make using the same Filipino Adobo ingredients except it uses pineapple.
Learn how to make this Pork Adobo with Pineapple by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way so make it and share with family and friends or save this recipe for later use.
This improved Filipino Pork Adobo with a twist uses pineapple juice and chunks of pineapple. It has that sweet and salty tangy flavor that you will be needing extra servings of rice. It has that caramelized flavor from the vinegar and pineapple.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lb pork belly, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- water as needed
- In a pan, heat and add cooking oil. Cook pork pieces until slightly browned. Push the meat to the sides and saute onion and garlic until aromatic for about a minute. Add peppercorns, ground pepper, bay leaves and stir.
- Pour-in pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar. Bring into a quick boil and cover pan. Cook for about 25 minutes or until meat is fully tender over medium-low heat. Add maybe a cup of water as needed depending on the meat. Season with salt if needed.
- Add pineapple chunks to the pan. Mix together and continue cooking for few minutes until the sauce is thickened. Transfer in a serving plate and serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Adobong Manok sa Gata|
|Pork Belly Adobo|
Post a Comment