Mongolian Beef is a simple stir fry beef simmered in sweet and salty savory sauce. This Chinese-inspired Mongolian Beef recipe is packed with flavor and cooks up quickly so ideal for a busy weeknights meal.
Try this simple Mongolian Beef recipe. Feel free to adjust the sweetness and saltiness. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below to learn how to make this delicious Mongolian Beef recipe. The instructions below should guide you every step of the day.
This Mongolian Beef recipe is made with soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. You can also add chili flakes if you prefer it spicy. This easy Mongolian Beef recipe can be made in just 30 minutes so try it now or save this link for later use. With this recipe I added half a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil for added fragrance and flavor.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Please follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced against the grain into thin slices
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- cooking oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- green onions (green part only) for garnishing
- In a wide bowl, combine beef, pinch of salt, pinch of ground pepper and cornstarch. Coat beef evenly and let is sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 cup cooking oil over high heat. Cook beef by batches in a single layer for about 1 minute per side. Remove browned beef and allow excess oil to drain. Set aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan and save around a tablespoon. Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant for about a minute. Pour-in water, soy sauce and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thickens. Simmer longer if you want a more thicker sauce.
- Return the beef to the pan over medium heat. Toss for about 30 seconds to a minute. Garnish with sesame oil and green onions. Toss and serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Beef and Broccoli
|Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry