Here is how to make Skinless Longganisa at home. Skinless Longganisa is a popular Filipino breakfast that is usually served with garlic fried rice and eggs. Skinless Longganisa is a type of Filipino sausage without the casing. This skinless longganisa recipe is garlicky and sweet, and healthier than the one we can buy from the store that is fully loaded with preservative.
Try this easy to make and delicious skinless longganisa recipe and you will never buy from the store again. This Filipino sausage recipe is simple and easy to make. Make a bunch of skinless longganisa at home and freeze until needed. Add more salt and ground pepper to taste. This skinless pork longganisa makes 24 pieces.
Learn how to make this Skinless Longganisa by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below should guide you from how to make the longganisa to how to cook it nice and juicy. Make it and share with family and friends or save this link for future need.
Check related Filipino breakfast recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more simple home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1 lb ground pork (with at least 20% fat)
- 6 big cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or as needed
- 1 tsp ground black pepper or as needed
- 1 tsp salt or as needed
- 3 tsp annatto (achuete) powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 24 pieces 10x10 cm sizes parchment paper for wrapping
- 2 tbsp oil for cooking
- In a deep bowl, combine ground pork, garlic, brown sugar, black pepper, salt, annatto powder, cornstarch and vinegar. Mix until well combined. Add more sugar and ground pepper as needed. Cover bowl and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Scoop a spoonful of meat mixture into a wrapper. Roll each piece forming like a log. Roll and wrap each piece tightly. Repeat process until all mixture has been wrapped. Place wrapped sausage in a covered container or a Ziploc bag and store in the fridge or freezer until needed.
- To cook; thaw if frozen and unwrap each piece. Heat oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add sausages to the pan. Fry and flip continuously until all sides are nicely browned. Turn heat to low and continue to fry for about 5-10 minutes until cooked thoroughly. Best when served with garlic fried rice and egg. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)