Sweet and Spicy Shrimp
Here is how to make a delicious Sweet and Spicy Shrimp. This Sweet and Spicy Shrimp is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights. You can easily adjust the heat level by using more or less of the siling labuyo or Thai chili pepper.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp can be a delicious appetizer or a main dish. This easy Sweet and Spicy Shrimp recipe is so delicious cooked with garlic so if you are a shrimp lover, I would suggest you try this simple shrimp recipe.
Give this Sweet and Spicy Shrimp recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends or save this link for future use. Learn how to make this Sweet and Spicy Shrimp by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below will show you how the steps on how to make this Sweet and Spicy Garlicky Shrimp.
Check related shrimp recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more simple home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 thumb size ginger, minced
- 3 pieces (more or less) Thai (siling labuyo) chili peppers
- 1/2 cup lemon soda (7-up or sprite)
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp (tomato or banana) ketchup
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- salt to taste
- 3 finger (siling haba) chili, chopped
- Heat pan or wok over medium-low heat and add olive oil. Saute garlic and ginger for about a minute or until aromatic. Add Thai chili peppers and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour-in lemon soda and add chili sauce and ketchup. Stir to combine and simmer for few minutes or until sauce starts to thickened.
- Add shrimps and gently toss to coat shrimp. Season with salt to taste. Cook for 2 minutes or until shrimps turns pink and almost cooked while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with finger chilies and gently toss. Transfer in a serving dish and serve while hot with steamed rice or serve as an appetizer. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Salt and Pepper Shrimp|
|Salt and Pepper Garlic Shrimp|
|Shrimp in Oyster Sauce|