Easy Pork Afritada
You can never go wrong with this Easy Pork Afritada recipe. So delicious, flavorful and best when served with steamed rice. Pork Afritada is popular Filipino pork recipe where pork is stewed in tomato sauce. Afritada can be cooked using pork, chicken and even beef using basic ingredients and vegetables.
Give this easy Pork Afritada recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends. Watch the video below and learn how to make this Easy Pork Afritada. The instructions below will guide you the simple steps.
This delicious Filipino pork stew is made with pork belly but you can also use other cuts of pork meat such as shoulder or even pork ribs along with hot dogs, potatoes, carrots, bell peppers and green peas.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more simple home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 3 pieces hot dogs, cut diagonally
- 1 lb pork belly or your choice of cut, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp brown brown sugar or to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water or as needed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup green peas
- salt to taste
- Heat oil and cook potatoes and carrots over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside. Cook hot dogs until lightly browned for about 2 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add pork pieces and cook until lightly browned for about 5 minutes. Push pork to the sides of the pan and saute onion and garlic until fragrant for about a minute. Stir to combine with browned pork.
- Add knorr chicken cube, bay leaves, ground pepper and sugar. Stir to combine all ingredients. Pour-in tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover pan. Bring into a quick boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cook pork until tender or for about 30 minutes or maybe more depending on the meat. Add more water as needed. Continue cooking until sauce starts to thickens.
- Add fried potatoes and carrots, and allow to cook for about 5 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Add bell peppers and fried hot dogs. Stir and cook for a minute. Lastly, add green peas and gently stir. Cook for about a minute or two until peas are tender. Transfer in a serving dish and serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Chicken Liver Afritada|
|Chicken Afritada with Cheese|