Pork Kinamatisan also known as Kinamatisan na Baboy is a delicious Filipino pork recipe that is simple and easy to prepare. It is made with pork belly and stewed in lots of tomatoes. Pork ribs or chicken can also be used in this simple recipe.
This Pork Kinamatisan recipe is worth giving a try. Make it today and share with family and friends. Watch the video below to learn how to make this delicious recipe in less than an hour. The instructions below will guide you with the basic steps.
Pork Kinamatisan is also known as Sarciadong Baboy. This Pork Kinamatisan is one of the simplest way of cooking pork using basic ingredients. So tasty and packed with flavors even basic ingredients were used. Actually one of my favorite pork dish specially when served over hot steamed rice.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lbs pork belly, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tbsp annatto (achuete) powder diluted in 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 pieces finger chilies, sliced
- Heat oil and add pork pieces. Cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Drizzle with annatto oil and stir to coat each pork pieces. Cook until nicely browned for about 5-10 minutes. Remove pork and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add garlic and onion. Saute until aromatic for about a minute. Add slices of tomatoes and cook until soft for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Return pork to the pan. Stir to coat pork pieces. Allow to cook for few minutes.
- Season with ground pepper, fish sauce and sugar (sugar balances the saltiness of the fish sauce). Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in water and stir. Cover pan and bring into a quick boil then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes until pork is fully tender and sauce is reduced. Add more water if needed.
- Add finger chilies and stir. Cook for a minute and transfer in a serving plate. Serve how with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipe)
|Pork Belly Adobo|
|Pork Belly Hamonado|
|Pork Ribs Adobo with Pineapple|