If you are looking for something quick and a flavorful shrimp dish, this Sizzling Spicy Gambas recipe is the one! Sizzling Gambas is the Filipino version of Gambas al Ajillo. It is a perfect appetizer and can also be served as a main dish. Spicy Gambas is a succulent shrimp dish loaded with flavor in spicy garlicky sauce so delicious.
Give this delicious Sizzling Spicy Gambas recipe a try. Make it today and share with your family and friends. Watch the video below and learn how to make this yummy Sizzling Gambas. The instructions below will also guide you with the steps.
Sizzling Spicy Gambas is a quick and easy shrimp dish cooked in tomato and chili sauce with lots of garlic and chili peppers. A great shrimp recipe and a great way to easily serve up shrimp. This Sizzling Spicy Gambas dish is very simple to make and can be done in no time. I spent more time peeling and deveining the shrimp than the actual cooking.
Check out related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1.5 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, leaving the tail
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup calamansi or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (1 head)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 pcs finger chilies, cut diagonally
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Combine shrimps, soy sauce and calamansi juice. Mix to coat each shrimp. Set aside and let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a wide pan, heat over medium-high and add oil. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add butter and cook until butter is melted while stirring regularly.
- Add finger chilies and chopped onions. Saute for a minute or until onions turns translucent. Add tomato sauce and chili sauce. Stir to combine and cook for a minute.
- Add marinated shrimp and season with ground pepper and salt to taste. Pour-in left over marinade and cook for 2 minutes while stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from the heat and transfer shrimp gambas onto a sizzling plate. Serve while hot as an appetizer or as a main dish. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Halabos na Hipon|
|Nilasing na Hipon|
|Salt and Pepper Shrimp|