Halabos na Hipon is a simple Filipino shrimp recipe where shrimp is cooked with garlic and lemon soda. Super easy to make using basic ingredients and ready in less than 20 minutes. The sweet combination of lemon soda, butter and garlic makes this simple shrimp dish so delicious.
Halabos is a simple way of cooking shrimp and even crabs. Halabos na Hipon is usually served with dipping sauce like spicy vinegar but with this easy recipe, dipping sauce is not needed! So tasty with a little kick of spice from chili peppers.
The simple steps below should guide you on how to make this Halabos na Hipon. Watch the short video below to guide you every step of the way.
Make this Halabos na Hipon recipe and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. A quick and easy shrimp dish for busy weeknights or for any occasion.
Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow videos and recipes.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs shrimps, cleaned with shell on
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup 7-up or any lime soda
- 2-3 hot chili peppers
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- In a skillet, heat and add cooking oil. Add garlic and cook over medium heat until light brown and crispy. Set aside a tablespoon for garnishing.
- Using the same skillet, add butter and allow butter to melt. Add shrimps to the skillet ans stir. Cook shrimps over high heat until shrimps turns light pink for about a minute. Season with ground pepper and salt. Do a quick stir to combine and add lemon soda. Cook over high heat for a minute and remove shrimps, and set aside.
- Simmer remaining liquid over low heat until liquid is reduced. Return shrimps to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for few minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with chili peppers (add more chili peppers if needed) and half of the saved fried garlic. Do a quick stir. Transfer in a serving dish and top with more fried garlic and chopped green onions. Serve hot and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Salt and Pepper Shrimp|
|Chili Garlic Shrimp|
|Shrimp in Oyster Sauce|