Pork Binagoongan with Coconut Milk
Have you tried cooking Pork Binagoongan sa Gata or with Coconut Milk? Pork Binagoongan with Coconut Milk or sa Gata is one of the many Filipino favorite pork dish. Pork Binagoongan with Coconut Milk is made with pork belly stewed in shrimp paste and coconut milk. It is a delicious Filipino pork dish derived from the dish called Pork Binagoongan and coconut milk is added to give it a creamy twist.
Give this easy and simple Pork Binagoongan with Coconut Milk recipe a try. It is a perfect dish to eat with lots of rice. A recipe which is similar to Bicol Express. The difference? I think the vinegar. For me, Pork Binagoongan with Coconut Milk is one of the tastiest Filipino dishes that I have tried.
Watch the video below to learn how to make a delicious Pork Binagoongan sa Gata.The instructions below will also guide you with the simple steps so make it today and share with family and friends. Pork Binagoongan sa Gata is a classic Filipino pork dish where pork belly is cooked with shrimp paste, coconut milk and tomatoes, and simmered until pork is fully tender.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipes. Check out Casa Baluarte Recipes on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tsp canola oil (or any)
- 2 lbs pork belly, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp sauteed (shrimp paste) bagoong
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1.5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- chili peppers (if you prefer it more spicier)
- 3 finger chilies, sliced diagonally
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat pan over medium heat and add canola oil. Add pork and cook until lightly browned and some of the fat has rendered for about 5 minutes.
- Push browned pork to the side of the pan and add onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant for about a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until softened for about 2-3 minutes. Stir to combine and cook for few minutes while stirring once.
- Add bagoong to the pan. Cook for few minutes while stirring until pork is coated with bagoong sauce.
- Pour-in vinegar and let it simmer for about 2-4 minutes uncovered without stirring.
- Pour-in coconut milk and water. Gently stir and bring into a quick boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes or until pork is tender and the sauce has reduced while stirring occasionally. Add more water as needed.
- Add sugar and chili peppers. Season with ground pepper and salt to taste. Cook for few minutes until it begins to render fat and pork is fully tender. Transfer in a serving plate and serve with extra rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment