Ginataang Sitaw is a popular Filipino dish. It is so easy and simple to make using basic ingredients yet very delicious. There are many versions on how to make Ginataang Sitaw. Some are cooked with shrimp and other vegetables like yellow squash. This Ginataang Sitaw is made simple.
So if you are looking for a simple way on how to make Ginataang Sitaw, this recipe it the one. Cooked with pork, string beans, sauteed shrimp paste and coconut milk. You can substitute the pork with shrimp or even chicken and also add other vegetables like kalabasa or yellow squash.
Give this delicious recipe a try. Make it today and share with family, and make sure to cook extra rice. Watch the video below to learn how to make Ginataang Sitaw. The instructions below will also guide you with the steps.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes. You can also FOLLOW CASA BALUARTE RECIPES on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 lb pork belly, cut into thin pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp sauteed bagoong (shrimp paste)
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 cup (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 lb string (sitaw) beans, cut into 2-3 inches long
- 3 pieces finger chilies, cut diagonally
- In a wok or a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Add pork and cook until lightly browned for about 5-10 minutes over medium heat or until it renders its fat.
- Push the browned pork to the sides of the pan and add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant for about a minute. Stir to combine with the pork. Cook for few minutes.
- Add bagoong and stir to coat every pieces of the pork. Cook for a minute. Pour-in water and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until pork is tender and sauce is reduced to half.
- Pour-in coconut milk and season with ground pepper and salt to taste. Stir to combine and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thickens.
- Add string (sitaw) beans and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until beans are half-cooked. Add finger chilies and cook for a minute. Remove pan from heat and transfer in a serving plate. Serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment