Sweet and Sour Chicken is a popular Chinese-American dish that is easy to make and a perfect weeknight meal that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It's the combination of sweet and sour flavors makes it an excellent and an appetizing dish. So tasty in every bite.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is a Chinese takeout favorite that is so easy to make at home. With crispy chunks of chicken, carrots, bell peppers and juicy pineapple in the most amazing sweet and sour sauce. If you love Sweet and Sour Chicken then this simple recipe is a must try with juicy chicken with the right sweetness and perfectly tart.
Give this easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends. Learn how to make this delicious dish by watching the video below. The instructions below will also guide you with the easy steps. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos. For questions and concerns, email me at email@example.com or leave me a comment on my Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup (banana or Del Monte sweet blend)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- cooking oil
- 1 small carrot, cut into rounds/thin slices
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- In a bowl, combine egg whites, water, 1 teaspoon cooking oil, cornstarch and mix together. Add chicken and season with salt. Stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and brown sugar. Whisk together to dissolve sugar and set aside.
- Heat wok or a pan and add about 2 inches of cooking oil over medium-high heat. Adjust heat to high and add coated chicken piece by piece in oil. Make sure to fry chicken in small batches until golden light brown while stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from oil and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside. Discard remaining cooking oil.
- In a clean wok or a pan, add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add carrots and stir 30 seconds. Add bell peppers and stir for 30 seconds. Add chunks of pineapple and stir for 30 seconds. Add onions and do a quick stir. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Using the same wok, 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Pour-in sauce mixture and simmer for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add fried chicken to the sauce and toss to coat. Add vegetables and toss to combine. Transfer in a serving dish and serve with rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)