Chicken Liver ala Bistek
For Chicken Liver Lover...
How to make Chicken Liver ala Bistek or chicken cooked in soy sauce, calamansi or lemon juice with onions and garlic. Chicken Liver ala Bistek is easy and simple to make using the same ingredients when making Bistek Tagalog. So if you like chicken liver, this delicious recipe is for you!
The Chicken Liver ala Bistek is a very simple dish. The method of cooking Chicken Liver ala Bistek is similar to Bistek Tagalog. The chicken liver is marinated in soy sauce, calamansi juice, pepper and brown sugar. Brown sugar is optional but is does add to the taste. It balance the saltiness and the sourness of this dish.
For a unique Bistek recipe, try this Chicken Liver ala Bistek. My own version on how to make chicken liver ala bistek is with a little sugar. So if you like liver or chicken liver dish, then this recipe is for you. Give it a try and share with family and friends. Make it today or save this recipe for later use. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Give this delicious recipe a try. Watch the video below to learn how to make this simple yet flavorful dish. Let me know how you liked it. For questions, leave a comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on my Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup calamansi or lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 chicken liver
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt as needed
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi or lemon juice, pepper, sugar and water. Stir well to dilute the sugar. Add chicken liver and gently toss. Let it sit to marinate for about 3 minutes. Once marinated, drain chicken liver and set aside remaining marinade for later use.
- Heat pan and add cooking oil over medium heat. Fry onions for about 30 seconds. Remove and set aside. On the same pan, add garlic and cook until lightly browned for about a minute. Remove fried garlic and set aside.
- Using the same pan, Fry chicken liver until lightly browned. Remove chicken liver from the pan and set aside. Pour-in saved marinade and simmer until slightly reduced and thickened for about few minutes.
- Return chicken liver to the pan and let it simmer for few minutes. Top with fried onions and garlic. Cover pan and simmer for additional 5 minutes or until chicken liver is fully cooked while stirring gently occasionally.
- Transfer chicken liver ala bistek in a serving dish and top with more fried onions and garlic. Serve with steamed rice and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment