Here is my healthy version on how to make Chicken Guisantes with a twist. Made with boneless chicken breast, guisantes or green peas, bell pepper and spiced up with Spanish sweet paprika from Nanay's Best Home of Quality Spices. Sweet Paprika has a sweet pepper flavor and less intense compare to other kind of paprika. This spice adds vibrant color to any dish and can also be sprinkled over potato salad or deviled eggs.
This Chicken Guisantes is an ideal recipe when you want to eat something quick and simple, and a great dish for any occasion. It is easy to make, healthy and full of flavours. This Filipino guisantes dish is typically made with chunks of pork. You can also use boneless chicken thighs instead. Chicken thighs are fattier than the breasts and are also moister in comparison but both are good sources of protein. If you are watching your fat intake, chicken breast is a great option. They are very low in fat and high in protein.
Give this Chicken Guisantes recipe a try. A delicious Filipino recipe that can be made in under an hour. A tomato base chicken stewed with green peas and bell peppers. Make it today and share with family and friends or save this link for later use. Watch the video above to learn how to make this simple yet amazing chicken dish. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. For questions or concern, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. You can also contact me thru Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook or at Casa Baluartes YouTube channel.
- 2 tbsp Olive or Canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 2 inches cubes
- 1/4 tsp Nanay's Best Spanish sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp Nanay's Best ground pepper
- 1 piece Nanay's Best bay leaf
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup (200 grams) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- salt as needed
- 1 cup green (guisantes) peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Heat pan over medium heat and add olive or canola oil. Saute onion and garlic until aromatic for about a minute.
- Add chicken breast and cook until lightly browned for about 2 minutes.
- Add sweet paprika, ground pepper, bay leaf and soy sauce. Stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Season with sugar and add salt to taste.
- Add green peas and bell peppers. Gently stir and simmer for additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment