Kinamatisang Manok or Chicken Kinamatisan is also known as Chicken Sarciado or Sarciadong Manok. Chicken Kinamatisan or Kinamatisang Manok is a tomato-based dish so simple to prepare where chicken are cooked with plenty of tomatoes. Pork can also be used in this kinamatisan recipe. You can also add potatoes or green peas in this recipe.
Learn how to cook Chicken Kinamatisan or Kinamatisang Manok by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. Don' forget to check related recipes below. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking dishes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or legs
- 1 tsp achuete (annato) powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 5 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 cup water or as needed
- 1/2 tsp salt or as needed
- Using a wide pan, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned for about 5 minutes per side. Push chicken to the sides of the pan or set aside.
- Using the same pan, add achuete powder. Stir to dilute achuete powder. Add onions and garlic. Cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and allow to cook until soft for about 5 minutes, mashing until they begin to soften and release juices.
- Add fish sauce, ground pepper and bay leaves. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Add water and stir to combine. Cover pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce starts to thickens while stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt as needed and gently stir. Cook for another minute and serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment