Ginataang Sitaw with Pork
How to make a creamy Ginataang Sitaw with Pork. Ginataang Sitaw with Pork is made with sitaw or long beans cooked in coconut milk and sautéed shrimp paste or bagoong. It is so creamy delicious and best eaten with steamed rice. Ginataang Sitaw has many variations like with shrimp or chicken but I must say this Ginataang Sitaw with Pork is my ultimate favorite. A simple and hearty dish so comforting anytime of the day! So delicious specially when served over steamed rice!
With this Ginataang Sitaw with Pork recipe, long beans or sitaw was stir fried before adding the sauce to keep the color of the beans and long beans crisp-tender. Learn how to make Ginataang Sitaw with Pork by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. Make it today and make dinner extra special or save this link for later use. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb long (sitaw) beans, cut into 2 inches
- 1/2 lb pork belly, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp ginisang bagoong
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5 pieces dried chili peppers. chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Using a wide pan or a wok, heat over medium high heat. Add oil and long beans. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. Remove long beans from the wok and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add pork pieces. Cook until pork starts to render fat and edges are crispy while stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Push pork to the sides of the wok and add onion, garlic and ginger. Allow to cook for about a minute until aromatic while stirring continuously.
- Add sauteed bagoong and stir to combine. Cook for about a minute. Season with ground pepper and add water. Stir and simmer for about 10 minutes until pork is tender while stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add coconut milk and stir. Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced for about 5 minutes. Add chili peppers and season with salt to taste. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add fried long beans and stir to combine. Continue to simmer for about 2 minutes until long beans is cooked or until crisp-tender. Serve hot with steamed rice and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment