Shrimp and Broccoli
How to make Asian inspired Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry. Filled with succulent shrimp and crisp/tender broccoli. The ingredients for this Shrimp and Broccoli dish are pretty simple. You can use other vegetable such as cauliflower or any kinds of beans if you don't like broccoli. A simple, comforting and delicious, a perfect dish for those busy weeknights ready in less than 30 minutes.
Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry is light tasting and healthy made with a handful of ingredients cooked in one pan. A really quick and easy meal, best when served with rice or noodles. If you want it spicy, just sprinkle with crushed chili peppers and toss before serving. The broccoli absorbs the flavor of the sauce and also coat the shrimp perfectly. The broccoli in this recipe is tender yet crisp so of you want the broccoli softer make sure to stir fry the broccoli longer.
Give this Shrimp and Broccoli recipe a try. Make it today and make dinner extra special or save this recipe for later use. Learn how to make this delicious and healthy Shrimp and Broccoli recipe by watching the easy to follow YouTube video above. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious home-cooking dishes and recipes, and easy to follow cooking videos. For questions or concerns, leave a comment below or send me a message thru Casa Baluarte Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- canola oil
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- In a medium bowl, season shrimps with a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of ground pepper. Toss well to combine and set aside. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch. Whish well and set aside.
- Heat wok over medium to high heat. Add 2 tablespoon canola oil and add seasoned shrimps. Cook shrimps until lightly pink for about 2 minutes while stirring occasionally. Remove shrimps from the wok and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add broccoli and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes or until tender yet crisp. Add a tablespoon of oil if needed. Add bell peppers and stir and toss. Allow to cook for another minute while stirring constantly. Remove broccoli and peppers from the wok and set aside.
- Using the same wok, wipe it clean and add a tablespoon of oil. Add onion, ginger and onion. Stir and cook for about a minute until soft and fragrant. Pour in sauce mixture and reduce heat to low. Simmer sauce for about few minutes while stirring constanly until sauce starts to thickens.
- Add stir fried broccoli and bell peppers to the sauce. Cook for about 2 minutes while tossing to combine. Add fried shrimps and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for another minute. Remove wok from heat and serve while hot and serve over rice or boiled noodles. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)