Sweet Chili Spare Ribs
How to make Sweet Chili Spare Ribs. This Pork Spare Ribs recipe is simple to make. A must try spare ribs dish and a kids friendly recipe.
Learn how to make Sweet Chili Spare Ribs. A perfect recipe with sweet and tangy flavor. Super simple to make, very delicious and better than take-out restaurant. Smothered in a flavorful, finger-licking sauce, once you start hard to stop! This Sweet Chili Spare Ribs comes out so tender because it is cooked twice. Make this Sweet Chili Spare Ribs and your family will be begging for more. Tender succulent pork spare ribs slathered in sweet and tangy sauce. So versatile it can be served as an appetizer or the star of your family dinner.
The method is simple and you will be rewarded with the seductive flavor of this Sweet Chili Spare Ribs dish I put together myself. Ask your butcher to cut the pork spare ribs against the bones so you can cut it after into individual pieces. You can use back ribs but I find spare ribs meatier. This Sweet Chili Spare Ribs were so good I wanted to post it as soon as possible so many can try this delicious recipe. For what its worth, the sauce is so amazing it would also be good with chicken or even beef. It is a combination of salty, sweet and tangy, what the Chinese call umami.
Don't forget to watch the video on how to make this Sweet Chili Spare Ribs. See related recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 pounds pork spare ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water or enough to cover the meat
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- On a deep pan, add pork spare ribs, ground pepper, salt and enough water to cover the meat. Bring into a boil and continue to cook until meat is tender for about 20-30 minutes over medium-high heat. Remove spare ribs from the broth and drain. Allow to cool completely. Discard broth or save for later use.
- Sauce: In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, ketchup, oyster sauce, sweet chili sauce and sugar. Stir well until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Coat boiled spare ribs with cornstarch. Toss well and set aside.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and add bell peppers. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add onions. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Remove bell peppers and onions from the pan and set aside.
- Add coated spare ribs into the pan. Fry until golden brown and crispy for about 10 minutes while tossing every few minutes. Remove spare ribs from the oil and set aside. Remove excess cooking oil from the pan, leaving about a tablespoon.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook until aromatic for about a minute. Add sauce mixture and stir well to combine. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce starts to slightly thickens.
- Add fried spare ribs to the pan and toss to coat every pieces with the sauce. Simmer for about 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add bell peppers and onions. Gently toss to combine and remove pan from heat. Transfer Sweet Chili Pork Spare Ribs in a serving dish and serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment