How to make Papaitan.
This Papaitan recipe is a Filipino spicy soup made from beef liver and ox tripe. Papaitan is traditionally made with innards but this recipe is made simple by my friend Jinky of Tarlac, Philippines. Recipe is tested and for sure a crowds favorite.
Give this simple Papaitan recipe a try. Watch the video below to learn how to make this delicious Papaitan dish. Don't forget to check related recipes below by clicking on the name links below to see complete recipes.
Follow and Subscribe to Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more easy yet delicious and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 pounds Ox Tripe
- 1/2 lb Beef Liver
- 7-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 pieces Thai chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 pieces calamansi
- salt to taste
- In a pan, boil oxtail in salt and water for about 30 to 45 minutes or until tripe is tender. Drain water and reserve 4-5 cups of broth for later. Allow to cool and slice tripe into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Place liver and water in a pot. Bring into a boil over medium heat. Drain water, slice liver into bite sizes and set aside.
- In a clean pot, heat over medium heat and add canola oil. Saute onion and garlic until softened.
- Add cooked tripe, beef liver and calamansi juice. Stir to combine. Add chili peppers and mix to combine. Add reserved broth and bring into a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes. Serve hot and Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)