How to make Picadillo, Filipino style. Filipino style Picadillo is a classic Pinoy comfort food. It is easy to make using simple ingredients and so delicious! There are many versions on how to make Picadillo and this Picadillo recipe is so simple yet so flavorful.
You can make the Filipino Picadillo by using ground beef or pork or even chicken. With or without raisins or green olives. I also like to add a little bit of sugar to balance the flavor. Give it a try, you might like it with sugar. This Beef Picadillo dish is one of my families favorite specially when eaten over steamed rice.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes in Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Check related recipes below by clicking on the name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pieces tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 piece knorr chicken or beef cube
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet peas or guisantes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 200 grams tomato sauce
- salt as needed
- 1 tsp brown sugar or to taste
- Heat pan and add oil. Add onion and garlic. Saute for few minutes until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook until soft for about a minute.
- Add ground beef and break to pieces. Cook until lightly browned. Remove excess oil/fat as needed. Add water and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- Add chicken cube, ground pepper and fish sauce. Allow to cook to few minutes. Add carrots and potatoes. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Add sweet peas/guisantes and raisins. Stir well to combine.
- Add tomato sauce and stir well to combine. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste or as needed. Continue to cook for few minutes while stirring regularly to combine. Serve hot and enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)