How to cook Chicken Afritada or Afritadang Manok.
Chicken Afritada is a famous Filipino chicken stew where chicken is cooked in tomato sauce with carrots, potatoes and bell peppers. This is how I like my Chicken Afritada. Simple and easy simmered in pineapple juice and tomato sauce.
Chicken Afritada is a simple chicken dish that is perfect for busy weeknights best served with steamed rice. Check related recipes below by clicking on name links below the pictures.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- cooking oil
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 medium potato, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 large tomato, sliced
- 2 lbs chicken parts
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 200 grams tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sweet peas (or guisantes)
- 1 red and green bell peppers, sliced
- Heat pan and add 1/4 cup cooking oil. Add carrots and cook for few minutes. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly brown. Set aside. Remove excess oil leaving a tablespoon or two.
- Same pan, saute onions for about 30 seconds. Add garlic, cook for about a minute. Add tomatoes, cook until soft. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Season with ground pepper, chicken cube and fish sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice, water and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and cover. Cook for 25-30 while stirring occasionally over medium heat.
- Add salt to taste. Continue to simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Add fried potatoes and carrots. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes until tender while stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and bell peppers. Gently stir and cover pan. Allow to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment