Chicken Potato Salad
How to make a delicious Chicken Potato Salad. Chicken Potato Salad is a type of salad usually served cold. It is often served as a side dish to fried chicken, barbecue or just for snack. This Chicken Potato Salad is the best potato salad recipe. It is rich, creamy and flavorful made with simple ingredients. A delicious salad to enjoy as a side dish for any occasion, so try this creamy Chicken Potato Salad now!
Chicken Potato Salad is an easy potato salad that is a mix of chicken breast, potatoes, carrots, onions sweet relish and mayonnaise. With this chicken potato salad, I added bell peppers, pineapple tidbits and condensed milk. As my kids say, this is the Filipino version of Chicken Potato Salad! You will find that the ingredients vary slightly between different Chicken Potato Salad.
This Chicken Potato Salad is loaded with boiled chicken breast and pineapple tidbits. I also added a pinch of paprika for extra flavor. It is so easy to make and can be made a day ahead and let it chill overnight. Depending on your tastes, you can add or substitute the ingredients and add other seasonings to fit your taste. The great thing about salad is that you can switch up the ingredients. You can use tuna or ham and even ham and chicken instead of just chicken.
I love cold salad and this chicken potato salad turned out the best. A quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Chicken Potato Salad is a great side dish for any get together and for any holiday. Make this simple chicken potato salad recipe that the whole family will surely enjoy! Give this easy recipe a try or save this recipe for later use.
Watch the video below on how easy to make this amazing Chicken Potato Salad. Don't forget to check related salad recipes below. Just click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes. You can also follow CASA BALUARTE RECIPES on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1.5 to 2 lbs russet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 celery stick, diced
- 1/2 sweet relish, drained
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- a pinch of paprika
- In a deep pan, add chicken breast and add enough water to cover the chicken. Bring into a quick boil then simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and allow to cool. Shred chicken breast and set aside.
- Using a clean deep pan, add potatoes and cover with enough water. Bring into a quick boil then simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Using the same pan with water, add carrots and cook for about a minute or until tender but crisp. Remove carrots from pan and allow to cool completely.
- In a big bowl, combine mayonnaise and condensed milk. Give it a good stir to combine. Add boiled potatoes, boiled carrots, celery, sweet relish, pineapple tidbits, bell peppers, onions, hard boiled eggs and shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of paprika for extra flavor.
- Gently toss all the ingredients until well combined. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or better yet chill overnight before serving. Serve as a side dish or even as a snack. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)