Inihaw na Pusit is one of the most popular Filipino grilled seafood. Inihaw na Pusit or Grilled Squid is easy to make and very delicious specially when stuffed with chopped tomatoes, onions and green onions. Inihaw na Pusit is simple to make and an easy grilled seafood recipe.
Avoid overcooking the squid or it will end up rubbery and hard to chew. Inihaw na Pusit is best when served as an appetizer or a main dish with steamed white rice. Inihaw na Pusit or Grilled Squid also makes a perfect pulutan with your favorite beer.
Save this recipe or Pin It! Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends. Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see the complete recipe.
- 1 lb medium size squid
- 2 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalk green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup kalamansi or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Clean squid by removing the head, ink bag and thin-plastic looking bone. Wash and drain well.
- In a wide bowl, combine soy sauce, kalamansi or lemon juice, sugar and ground pepper. Marinate squid in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, salt, onion, tomatoes and green onions.
- Remove squid and drain.
- Stuff the marinated squid with onion-tomato mixture.
- Grill stuffed squid over hot charcoal for about 3-4 minutes on each side, regularly basting with oil.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with dipping sauce (combination of fish sauce, kalamansi juice, chopped tomatoes minced and chopped onions). Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Seafood Pancit Bihon|
|Seafood and Vegetables Stir Fry|