Stir Fried Tofu with Snow Peas is a tasty and delicious no-meat recipe. An easy Stir Fried Tofu and Snow Peas dish that is so yummy and healthy. This dish is a healthy mix of tofu fried in olive oil with crunchy snow peas with a little red bell pepper added. Not only easy to make but also budget friendly meal for vegetarians and a good addition to your Lenten list to cook and eat.
My daughter loves tofu so I try to make it often. The ginger-soy sauce-sesame oil sauce gives this dish that Chinese take-out taste for less of the price. Enjoy a tasty and delicious Stir Fried Tofu with Snow Peas with your family and friends. Add red chili flakes to make it spicy. The secret to perfect stir-fry dishes is using a wok at high temperature.
Save this recipe or Pin It! Don't forget to check out related recipes below. Click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 pack (12 oz) extra firm tofu (press tofu using paper towel and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 lb snow peas, trim ends
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (light soy sauce if available)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1-2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- In a bowl, whisk water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce , sesame oil and ground pepper to blend. Add chili flakes if you want it spicy. Set aside.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Add snow peas to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove snow peas and transfer in a plate to keep the crisp. Set aside.
- Using the same wok, stir-fry tofu for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Add more oil if needed. Remove tofu and transfer in a plate.
- In the same wok, add ginger, garlic and onions. Stir fry for a minute until light brown and aromatic. Add bell peppers and stir.
- Return tofu to the wok and stir. Drizzle reserved marinade mixture over. Stir-fry until marinade thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Return snow peas to the wok and stir gently.
- Transfer dish right away in a serving plate and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Stir Fry Tofu and Chicken|
|Beef and Mushrooms Stir Fry|
|Tofu and Green Beans with Ground Pork|
|Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl|