Stir Fry Tofu with Snow Peas
Stir Fry Tofu with Snow Peas is a tasty and delicious no-meat recipe. An easy Stir Fry Tofu and Snow Peas dish that is so yummy and healthy. This dish is a healthy mix of tofu fried in olive oil with crunchy snow peas with a little red bell pepper added.
Learn how to make this healthy stir fry dish by following the instructions below. Watch the video below to guide you every step of the way.
Not only easy to make but also budget friendly meal for vegetarians and a good addition to your Lenten list to cook and eat.
My daughter loves tofu so I try to make it often. The ginger-soy sauce-sesame oil sauce gives this dish that Chinese take-out taste for less of the price.
Enjoy a tasty and delicious Stir Fried Tofu with Snow Peas with your family and friends. Add red chili flakes to make it spicy.
Save this recipe or Pin It! Don't forget to check out related recipes below. Click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 pack (12 oz) extra firm tofu (press tofu using paper towel to remove excess liquid))
- 1 lb snow peas, trim ends
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (light soy sauce if available)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1-2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- canola or olive oil
- In a bowl, whisk water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce , sesame oil and ground pepper to blend. Add chili flakes if you want it spicy. Set aside.
- In a wok over medium-low heat, add 1/4 cup canola oil. Fry tofu for about 3 minutes or until light brown on both side. Remove and allow to cool before slicing into cubes. Using the same pan, add snow peas and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove snow peas and transfer in a plate to keep the crisp. Set aside.
- In the same wok, add 1 tbsp canola oil. Saute garlic, ginger and onions. Stir fry for a minute until aromatic. Add bell peppers and stir. Return fried tofu to the wok and stir. Drizzle reserved marinade mixture over. Stir-fry until marinade thickens slightly, about a minute or two. Return snow peas to the wok and stir gently. Cook for a minute.
- Transfer dish right away in a serving plate and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Stir Fry Tofu and Chicken|
|Beef and Mushrooms Stir Fry|
|Tofu and Green Beans with Ground Pork|
|Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl|