The sauce used in this Okra with Oyster Sauce recipe is simple yet tasty and delicious. You can use the same sauce using green beans or Chinese broccoli.
If you are into healthy vegetables, this easy recipe is for you. Make it and share with family and friends.
- 1 lb small/medium okra, rinsed well and trim top end
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
For the Okra:
- In a pot, add water and bring into a boil. Drop okra in boiling water. Blanch for about 3-5 minutes until they turn a bright green color(depends on how cooked you want the okra, I cooked it for 3 minutes as I want the crunch).
- Prepare an ice bath water. (fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes) Remove okra from the boiling water into the ice bath to stop okra from cooking. Drain the water and transfer okra in a serving plate.
For the Sauce:
- Combine water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Stir well and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat and add oil.
- Add garlic and fry until golden brown. Remove some fried garlic and set aside.
- Add ginger to the pan and stir. Cook for a minute until light brown.
- Add water-soy sauce mixture (line # 1) to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer in low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over steamed okra and serve hot. Serve as a main dish or a side dish with grilled, fried galunggong or steamed fish. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Stir Fry Chicken and Okra|
|Shrimp and Okra|
|Fish and Shrimp Sinigang|