Tofu with Shrimp and Ground Pork
Tofu with Shrimp and Ground Pork is a delicious Asian inspired dish so easy to make and simple to make. This dish is simple to make and fast!
A fast and healthy dinner with ground pork and mushrooms. The meat is always an option or substitute ground pork with ground chicken or ground turkey for a healthier dish.
Tofu is an essential ingredient in a lot of Asian cuisines. Skip the take out and make this tasty and delicious meal at home. Learn how to make Tofu with Shrimp and Ground Pork dish using basic ingredients. A light and flavorful tofu dish and an excellent source of protein. I used button mushroom from a can but use shiitake mushroom if available.
Try this easy Tofu with Shrimp and Ground Pork recipe now! Make it and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later. This Chinese inspired dish is delicious and healthy. A great dish for busy weeknights!
Check related Tofu recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 square (12 oz) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 lb medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup button mushroom
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch, diluted in 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- chopped green onion for garnishing
- In a wok, heat and add cooking oil. Fry tofu for few minutes until all sides turns light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add ginger, onion and garlic to the wok. Saute for a minute.
- Add ground pork and stir. Season with a pinch of salt and ground pepper. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally until pork is light brown and cooked.
- Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add mushrooms and shrimps. Stir gently and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and stir gently. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tofu to the wok and stir. Taste to see if more salt and pepper is needed. Add accordingly.
- Pour in cornstarch diluted in water. Stir gently and cook for a minute.
- Transfer in a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Tofu and Ground Chicken|
|Tofu with Snow Peas|
|Tofu with Green Beans and Ground Pork|
|Tofu and Vegetables Stir Fry|
Post a Comment