Bistek Tagalog Recipe
Bistek or Bistek Tagalog is the Filipino version of Beef Steak. Bistek Tagalog is a popular Filipino beef dish where beef is marinated in soy sauce, calamansi juice and ground pepper, and simmered until meat is tender.
Bistek Tagalog is a simple but classic Filipino dish so delicious garnished with caramelized onion. So tasty and perfect with hot steamed rice. There are few variations on how to make Bistek Tagalog and this recipe is pretty easy to follow.
The steps below should guide you on how to make a delicious Bistek Tagalog. Watch the video below to visually guide you every step of the way.
Bistek or Bistek Tagalog is also know as Karne Prita in Ilonggo is a classic Filipino comfort food. A quick and easy dish for busy weeknights and kids friendly. Make this and share with friends and family. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow cooking videos and recipes.
- 2 lbs lean beef (sirloin or top round), sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar (or adjust to your liking)
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin/round
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- In a wide bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi juice, ground pepper and sugar. Stir well to combine. Add beef slices to the bowl and toss well to coat. Marinate for 20-30 minutes. Remove meat and save remaining marinade.
- In a skillet, heat and add canola oil. Add onions and cook for a minute. Remove and set aside. Using the same pan, add chopped garlic and cook until light brown. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, fry marinated beef by batches for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Pour-in reserved marinade and water. Stir and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced. Return meat into the pan then simmer until meat is tender. Add fried garlic and onions (save some for garnishing).
- Transfer in a serving plate and garnish with onions and fried garlic. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)