Ginataang Hipon or Shrimp in Coconut Milk is a delicious Filipino shrimp recipe. Ginataang Hipon is a popular Filipino dish and so easy to make using simple and minimal ingredients. Feel free to add more vegetables to this recipe like yellow squash and long beans.
This shrimp dish is so tasty, specially the sauce that goes so well with warm steamed rice. The shrimp is cooked in coconut milk and delicious ingredients. Creamy and spicy, this Ginataang Hipon recipe is ready in minutes. Add more chili peppers if you want it spicy.
Learn how to cook this delicious and easy to cook Ginataang Hipon by watching the video below. Also, don't forget to check related shrimp recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
This simple recipe is worth a try! Make it today and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. This easy dish makes a great party food. An easy recipe for busy weeknights or any day! Ginataang Hipon is probably one of the best shrimp recipe and actually one of my favorite. What I love about this recipe is so easy to make, easy to find ingredients and makes a great family meal.
LIKE, FOLLOW, SUBSCRIBE and SHARE Casa Baluarte on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, deveined
- 2 chili peppers
- In a pan over medium heat, add cooking oil and saute onion, ginger and garlic for a minute or until aromatic. Add coconut milk and season with salt and ground pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Taste to see if more salt is needed and add accordingly. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked. Add chili peppers and simmer for a minute or two. Remove from heat and serve hot with lots of steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Chili Garlic Shrimp|
|Shrimp with Oyster Sauce|
|Salt and Pepper Shrimp|