What I like about this Guisadong Upo or Ginisang Upo aside from easy to make is you can use chicken, pork meat or even sardines. Ginisang Upo is another simple and healthy Filipino dish. Feel free to add bean sprouts or togue.
Watch the easy to follow video below to visually guide you on how to cook Guisadong Upo or Sauteed Bottle Gourd with Shrimp. The instructions below are also pretty easy to follow so why not make it today and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use.
Follow Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes and cooking videos.
Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 medium size bottle gourd (upo), peeled and sliced
- In a wide skillet, heat and add cooking oil. Add onion and garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add tomatoes and cook until limp. Add shrimps and cook until light pink. Season with ground pepper and fish sauce, and do a quick stir.
- Pour in water and cover. Bring into a quick boil and taste to see if salt is needed, add accordingly. Add upo or bottle gourd. Cover and allow to cook for few minutes. Continue cooking until upo is half cooked. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Upo at Sotanghon Soup|
|Upo at Togue|
|Ginisang Pechay with Giniling|
|Ginisang Sayote with Chicken|