This No Fry Lechon Belly or boiled and broiled pork belly turned out so delicious. The skin is so crispy and the meat turned out so tender and super moist, and way less greasy compared to deep fried in oil. That is the advantage of cooking lechon belly using a turbo broiler or baking in the oven plus no oil splattered all over the kitchen floor.
Watch the short video below to visually guide you and see how easy to make a crisp, tender and moist No Fry Lechon Belly or Lechon Kawali cooked using a turbo broiler. The ingredients and instructions below are also pretty simple and easy to follow so make sure to save this recipe or Pin It for future use and specially this coming holidays.
Try this less messy way on how to make a No Fry Lechon Belly. Make it and share with family and friends. The crispiest, melt in your mouth lechon kawali without frying so a little less guilt feeling. But please, eat in moderation. As they say too much pork fat is not healthy to the body.
Follow and Subscribe to Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes, and cooking videos. Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 3 to 4 lbs pork belly
- water for boiling
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Mang Tomas lechon sauce or Spiced Vinegar for dipping
- Using a deep and wide pan, add enough water to cover the meat. Add pork belly and top with peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, soy sauce and salt. Bring into a boil for about 5 minutes then reduce heat to simmer until meat is tender for about an hour or more depending on the quality of meat and the size. Turn pork belly in between cooking time to evenly cook. Remove meat and place in a wire rack or a plate and allow to cool or refrigerate overnight.
- TURBO BROILER INSTRUCTIONS: Pre-heat turbo broiler to 375 f. Place boiled pork belly skin down and broil for 25 minutes or until crisp. Turn skin up and continue to broil for 25 minutes or skin starting to crisp. Adjust temperature to 425 degrees fahrenheit and broil for additional 10 minutes or until skin is super crispy and meat so tender.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS: Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees fahrenheit. Place the boiled pork belly in a roasting rack, skin side down and place in the center of the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes until perfectly browned. Turn to skin side up and cook for additional 15-20 minutes. Check in between time making sure the lechon belly is nicely browned and crispy.
- Let it rest for few minutes before slicing into serving sizes. Best when served with Mang Tomas lechon sauce or spiced vinegar or banana ketchup. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)