Chicken Binakol is a Filipino chicken soup dish similar to Tinola. Chicken Binakol is cooked in coconut water with young coconut meat, green papaya and malunggay or chili pepper leaves unlike Chicken Tinola is cooked in water or rice washing.
Chicken Binakol is a delicious Filipino chicken soup dish that has a light, sweet taste and perfect for the cold weather!
Watch the video below to visually guide you on how to make this easy and delicious Chicken Binakol. Check chicken soup recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4-5 cups young coconut water/juice
- fish sauce or salt to taste
- 1 green papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 young young coconut meat, sliced
- 3 long chili peppers
- 1-2 cups malunggay or chili pepper leaves
- Heat oil in a deep pot or pan. Saute onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass until aromatic for about a minute. Add chicken pieces and cook until light brown.
- Pour-in coconut water and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat to simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked or about 30 minutes. Remove any scum that floats.
- Season with fish sauce or salt to taste. Add green papaya and cook until papaya is tender for about 5 minutes. Add young coconut meat and chili peppers. Allow to cook for few minutes.
- Add malunggay or chili pepper leaves. Cook for a minute and turn off the heat. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Chicken Tinola / Tinolang Manok|
|Ilonggo Chicken Pochero|
|Chicken Sotanghon Soup|