Here is how to make Creamy Chicken with Pineapple the Filipino version also known as Pininyahang Manok with Evaporated Milk. You can also use coconut milk instead of evaporated milk if desired. Creamy Chicken with Pineapple is easy to make and delicious.
Make this today for family and friends or save for later use. Watch the cooking video below to learn how to make this Creamy Chicken with Pineapple dish.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt as needed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 cup evaporated or coconut milk
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic until aromatic for about a minute. Add chicken pieces and allow to cook until brown for about 5 minutes. Season with ground pepper and fish sauce.
- Pour-in pineapple juice and water. Cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Season with sugar and salt as needed.
- Add pineapple chunks and bell peppers. Pour-in evaporated milk or coconut milk. Stir gently and cook for 10 minutes of until chicken and vegetables are fully cooked. No need to cover pan if you want a thicker sauce and cook longer (maybe 5 minutes) if needed. Serve while hot and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Spicy Chicken Adobo|