Buko Salad Recipe
Buko Salad is a Filipino fruit salad dessert made from strips of young coconut meat, mixed fruits, cream and milk. Buko Salad is a popular Filipino fruit salad usually served during celebrations and fiestas.
Try making this delicious Buko Salad dessert and share with family and friends. Watch the easy to follow video below on how to make Filipino style Buko Salad. The instructions below will guide you with every step. Check related salad recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
One thing about making fruit salad is, make sure the fruits or ingredients are well drained before adding to the cream mixture to avoid the salad from becoming watery. Drain the fruits or ingredients for at least 3 hours. The longer actually the better.
- 6 oz kaong (sugar palm fruit)
- 8.25 oz pineapple chunks
- 12 oz nata de coco (coconut gel)
- 15 oz fruit cocktail
- 5 cups young coconut meat (buko), cut into strips
- 1 300 ml condensed milk
- 1 250 ml Nestle all purpose cream
- 1 cup Eden cheese, cubed
- In a strainer, combine kaong, pineapple chunks, nata de coco, fruit cocktail and young coconut meat. Allow fruits to drain for at least 2-3 hours. Drain longer if needed.
- In a wide bowl, combine condensed milk and all purpose cream. Mix together until well combined. Add drained fruits and cubed cheeses. Mix gently until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to overnight before serving. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Chicken Macaroni Salad|
|Macaroni Fruit Salad|
|Pinoy Fruit Salad|