How to cook the Filipino style Chicken Menudo. A hearty tomato-based Filipino chicken dish. Made with boneless chicken thighs, hot dogs, potatoes, carrots, bell peppers and raisins in a thick tomato-based sauce.
This delicious Chicken Menudo recipe is so easy to make using simple ingredients. Also a great addition to a busy weeknight meal and a party favorite. You can also make this menudo recipe using pork using the same ingredients.
Make this today and share with family and friends or save this recipe for later use. Learn how to cook this Filipino-style Chicken Menudo by watching the easy to follow cooking video above. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way. Don't forget to to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 pieces hot dog, sliced
- 2 medium potato, cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/5 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp raisins
- Heat pan over medium heat and add cooking oil. Add hot dogs and cook until slightly browned. Remove and set aside. Cook potatoes and carrots. Cook for few minutes. Remove and set aside. Cook bell peppers for about a minute. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion and garlic. Cook until softened. Add chicken thighs and cook until slightly browned. Season with ground pepper, fish sauce and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Pour-in pineapple juice, water and tomato sauce. Add sugar and stir to combine. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced.
- Season with salt and add fried potatoes and carrots. Add raisins and cook until tender for about 6 minutes. Add hot dogs and bell peppers. Allow to cook for a minute or two. Serve while hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment