Ginisang Pusit or Sauteed Squid is a simple squid recipe using basic ingredients. Squid is cut into rings and sauteed in garlic, onion, tomatoes and simmered in vinegar. I also added a tablespoon of oyster sauce and a little sugar, and it turned out really good.
Try making this Ginisang Pusit recipe with a twist. Learn how to make it by watching the easy to follow video below. The instructions below will guide you step by step on how to make a delicious Ginisang Pusit or Sauteed Squid Rings.
Make this today and share with family and friends. Adjust the salt and sugar to your liking. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 lbs medium size squid, cleaned, drained well and cut into rings
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- salt as needed
- green and red chili peppers (add more as needed), sliced
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic for a minute until aromatic. Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add squid, ground pepper, brown sugar and oyster sauce. Stir gently to combine. Add bay leaves and salt as needed. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Make sure not to over cook or the squid will turn chewy.
- Add green and red chili peppers and allow to cook for a minute. Transfer in a serving dish and serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Stir Fry Seafood and Vegetables|