Here is how to make Sipo Egg. Sipo Egg is a creamy white sauce shrimp and quail egg dish so simple to make with carrot, peas and jicama (singkamas). Sipo Egg is a creamy and delicious Kapampangan dish.
Try making this simple Sipo Egg recipe and share with family and friends. Learn how to cook this Sipo Egg by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more delicious recipes.
- 1 tbsp olive or any cooking oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup snow peas or guisantes
- 1 cup water
- 2 dozen quail eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom
- 1 pack (270 ml) all purpose cream
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 small jicama (singkamas) or water chestnuts, cubed
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Add butter and allow to melt. Add shrimp and cook until slightly pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion and garlic until soft for about a minute. Add carrots and peas, and cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. Pour-in water and bring into a quick boil.
- Add quail eggs and slightly cooked shrimps to the pan. Pour-in cream of mushroom and all purpose cream. Stir until well distributed. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Add jicama or water chestnuts. Stir gently and cook for a minute. Turn off the heat and serve while hot. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Chicken Sotanghon with Quail Egg
|Chicken and Egg Stir Fry Vegetable
|Pork Giniling with Quail Eggs