Give this delicious Beef Mechado recipe a try. Cook this at home and share with family and friends. Save this link for future use. Watch the easy to follow video below to learn how to make a delicious Beef Mechado. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
There are few version on how to make Beef Mechado. With this version only beef was used and no pork. Make sure if only using beef to get beef with fat like beef shank, rib roast or chuck steak. Meat such as beef or pork are used to make this delicious dish.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 lbs beef shank (rib roast or chuck steak)
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 pieces potato, quartered
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite-size
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 200 grams tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 8 grams Maggi magic sarap
- 3-5 cups of water
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Marinate beef with ground pepper, calamansi juice and soy sauce. Marinate for at least an hour. Once marinated, remove beef and drain excess marinade. Set aside remaining marinade.
- Using a wide pan or a wok, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Cook potato and carrots until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, cook marinated beef until lightly browned. Push meat to the sides and add onion and garlic. Cook for a minute until soft and stir to combine. Add bay leaves, tomato sauce and reserved marinade. Let it cook for few minutes.
- Add sugar, magic sarap and water. Stir and bring into a boil for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for about an hour or two or until beef is tender.
- Add fried potatoes and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender, and sauce is reduced. Add green bell peppers and cook for few minutes. Season with fish sauce and cook for a minute. Serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)