Beef Asado Recipe
Beef Asado is a delicious Filipino dish so rich in flavor due to the slow cooking of the beef with all the ingredients. Beef Asado is one of the common dishes you find in carinderia or on Filipino fast-food chain.
Learn how to make this simple Beef Asado with this easy recipe. The easy to follow video and instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
Beef Asado is so easy to make using basic ingredients and with this beef asado recipe I used thin slices of beef which reduced the cooking time. I suggest, do not use pressure cooker for this dish as the flavor would be different than cooking it slow. If you are looking for a beef asado recipe using chunks of beef, click > here.
Check related beef recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large potato, cut into bite sizes
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 lb beef (sirloin or chuck), thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp anise seeds or 2 star anise
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Fry potatoes until light brown. Remove and set aside. On the same pan, saute onion and garlic until aromatic. Add beef slices and cook for few minutes until browned. Add anise seeds or star anise and bay leaves. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add soy sauce and tomato sauce. Stir and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Pour-in water and simmer for few minutes. Season with salt to taste, brown sugar (optional) and ground pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes or until beef is tender. Add more salt and pepper as needed. Add more water as needed.
- Add fried potatoes and bell peppers to the pan. Simmer over low heat until beef is fully tender and sauce thickens. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe
|Beef and Broccoli|
|Beef Stir Fry|
Post a Comment